Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The End of Summer

It's hard to believe, but it's been almost a month since I arrived. By this point I'm feeling pretty well settled into the program, but as February changes to March there are going to be quite a few changes around here.

First, this weekend another big group of volunteers are leaving and only about half of the people that I started with will still be here. We're also getting three or four new volunteers to replace them. While I'm looking forward to meeting the new people, it's a bit sad that some of the people I've grown attached to are no longer going to be here. I started with a really good group.

Second, school begins again as summer vacation ends. This means I'll no longer be working for breakfast and lunch, but rather a post-school snack and dinner. Currently I've been waking up before the sun, and we leave the house while the sun is rising. Now work won't start until after 4:00 in the afternoon, and I won't be getting back into Cordoba until after dark. On one hand, this is excellent news for a night owl. On the other, it has been kind of nice having such long days because even when I take a three hour nap it still feels like I accomplish a lot during the day. It will be nice being able to go out at night though, since that is a big part of the culture (that I've been too exhausted to participate in).

In other news, one of my roommates and I are planning a weekend trip to Villa Carlos Paz, which is one of the touristy cities close by. If we can get things organized (organization tends to be an issue around here).

I hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment