Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1st, 2010

Intensives are now over! This is one of the best thing to happen since I arrived. It means that I'm almost half way through my time here, and it's really helped me appreciate just how good I have it most of the time (in terms of scheduling and workload). At the same time, it means I have to find some new hobbies to occupy all of the extra time I have now.

Lunar New Year is in just under two weeks. I have both Friday and Monday off, so we're taking a bus for six or seven hours to Busan, the second biggest city in Korea. It's on the southern coast and is a major port city. At the very least, we plan on relaxing and seeing the beach. There are also boat tours of all of the islands just off the coast.

It's funny how everything that was once so amazing and strange has become normal. It feels like I have nothing new to report on, but really, it's just that everything that once seemed so noteworthy is now what I do every day. The people are the same, the city isn't very exciting, the food isn't so crazy (well, this one maybe isn't so true - there are restaurants serving all sorts of things that I'd never touch, like dog, raw chicken, all kinds of octopus/squid/any sea creature you can imagine).

Right now I'm just hoping the warming trend continues and it doesn't snow again. Just above freezing is actually not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment